< Back to the Attorney Directory
Fort Wayne Office
803 South Calhoun, 9th Floor
P.O. Box 11489
Fort Wayne, IN 46858-1489
Michelle Floyd is a Partner who practices throughout Indiana in state, federal, and appellate courts, as well as before administrative agencies. She practices in the areas of general insurance litigation, torts and civil litigation, employment law, and civil rights. Ms. Floyd received her B.A. from Indiana University Bloomington followed by her Doctorate of Jurisprudence, cum laude, from Valparaiso University School of Law.
- Torts and Civil Litigation
- General Insurance Litigation
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Education Law
- Medical Malpractice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Allen County Bar Association
- Benjamin Harris American Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Board Member, Crossroads Child and Family Services, Inc.
- Board Member, Northern District of Indiana Federal Community Defendants, Inc.
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Worker’s Compensation Board of Indiana
- Indiana University, B.A., 2002
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy: Trial Skills, 2015
Additional Experience / Awards
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America 2023”
- Indiana Super Lawyer’s “Rising Star” 2014 – 2020
- Associate Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Presenter for various organizations on employment law and civil litigation issues, including: ADA/FMLA/Workers Compensation Interaction & Developments, Employment Discrimination and Harassment, Fundamentals of Hiring Issues in Employment Law, Civil Litigation Law Updates, Depositions, Bad Faith and Litigation Developments, No Pay, No Play Statute Impact on Auto Accidents, Municipality Liability Developments, Medicare Obligations for Third Party Liability, Premises Liability
Ready to learn more?
At HSK, effective communication skills and the ability to find successful solutions to clients' problems through knowledge, integrity, experience and efficiency are our hallmarks. And, with offices in Fort Wayne, South Bend and Indianapolis, our team is available wherever and whenever you need us.