< Back to the Attorney Directory
Fort Wayne Office
803 South Calhoun, 9th Floor
P.O. Box 11489
Fort Wayne, IN 46858-1489
South Bend Office
205 W. Jefferson Blvd, Ste. 300
P.O. Box 4156
South Bend, IN 46634-4156
Michael Getty is a partner in the Fort Wayne and South Bend offices. He practices in the areas of medical / dental malpractice, nursing home malpractice, professional liability and general insurance litigation. Mr. Getty received his B.A. from University of Michigan in 1984 followed by his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Southern Illinois University School of Law, cum laude, in 1987.
In his free time, Michael enjoys fishing, fantasy football and all things Chicago sports. He also serves as an official and umpire for basketball and softball through the Special Olympics.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Dental Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Home Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability
- General Insurance Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- University of Michigan, B.A. 1984
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1987
Additional Experience / Awards
- Lawyer of the Year, Fort Wayne, Medical Malpractice, 2021
- Assistant Editor for the Journal of Legal Medicine, 1987-2017
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard Mills
- Lectured in the areas of trial practice, medical malpractice defense, and risk management for healthcare providers.
- Survey of Illinois Law, Insurance Law, 12 S.Ill. U.L.J. 1013 (1988);
- Enforceability of Noncompetition Covenants in Physician Employment Contracts – Confusion in the Courts, 7 J. Legal Med. 235 (1986);
- Casenote, Probable Cause: Illinois Adopts the Plain Smell Rule for Warrantless Searches of Vehicles, 11 S. Ill. U.L.J. 153 (1986).
Ready to learn more?
At HSK, effective communication skills and the ability to find successful solutions to clients' problems through knowledge, integrity, experience and efficiency are our hallmarks. And, with offices in Fort Wayne, South Bend and Indianapolis, our team is available wherever and whenever you need us.